The problem with all the browsers, whether it’s internet explorer or Google Chrome, is that they become slow and clunky after a period of time. They take time to start up to, to load websites and to open and close tabs. This is when one should consider cleaning up the browser and getting rid of the cache, temporary internet files etc.
Click&Clean is a useful Google Chrome extension that helps you quickly clean up the browser. You could also use it to quickly get rid of your browsing data in case you are using Chrome on someone else’s computer.
The nice thing about this tool is that it has a lot of options that help you get things done not only in Chrome but also in other browsers you might be using, and even on your PC. You could use it to quickly open things like Task Manager, Add and Remove Programs, Display Settings, Audio Settings and much more on your Windows computer.
You can use the “Preferences” section to configure the add-on to do things like clear private data during browser session, clear private data when you close the browser, clear Java cache, remove flash and silverlight cookies etc.
Here’s the complete list of things this add-on can do that’s taken from their site.
- Delete your browsing history,
- Remove download history,
- Erase temporary files,
- Clear cookies and Empty cache,
- Delete client-side Web SQL Databases
- Remove Flash Cookies (LSOs)
- Protect your privacy by cleaning up all traces of your internet activity,
- Clean up your hard drives and Free up more disk space, icluding secure file deletion using external applications, like CCleaner or Wise Disk Cleaner.
- Watch flash videos offline, without being connected to the Internet!
Overall, a useful extension especially if you use Chrome as your main browser.