Even though Gmail offers lots of ways to organize our emails, for example through the use of labels, many of us still have more than one Gmail account to separate different aspects of our life. Previously, if you wanted to access both your Gmail accounts at the same time you needed to do so in different browsers, or use icnognito mode in Chrome.
Today, Google announced we can access more than one Gmail account at the same time, in the same browser.
How you can access more than one Gmail account simultaneously
- Visit Google Accounts.
- Make sure you have enabled multiple sign-in in your account settings:
- If your settings for multiple sign-in are set to “off”, click on “edit” to change this. When you click on “Edit”, you will be able to select multiple sign-in to be “On”:
- Now you can sign in to your main Gmail account.
- To sign into another Gmail account, click on the arrow that appears next to your email address at the top right hand corner of the screen:
- Click on “Sign in to another account”, and you can now sign into an additional Gmail account.
- The new account will open in a new tab, and you can toggle between the two accounts within the same browser.
You can open three accounts in total, but there are services that do not support multiple sign-in. For example, Blogger and Picasa Web Albums. If you are using these services, you will be signed in with the first account you used to sign in. Rule of thumb, for now just use multiple sign-in for Gmail and everything will be OK!