Picasa is no longer just for sharing your photos, you can edit pictures right inside Picasa Web Albums. It’s only a few months after Google included Picnik into its arsenal of applications, and now it is sufficiently integrated into Picasa to make photo editing a breeze.
This is how you can make fun changes to your pictures in Picasa Web Albums:
- You need to be using Picasa in one of the Picnik supported languages.
- Click on ‘Edit’ on the picture page you want to edit.
- Click ‘Edit in Picnik’.
- Wait patiently while Picnik loads.
- Once Picnik is loaded, you will see your picture within the Picnik editing frame.
- Now you can explore different options. For example, you can crop your picture:
- Click on ‘Crop’ and drag the cropping area with your mouse until you have enclosed the part of the picture you want to keep. Click on crop, and you’ll see your edited picture.
- Explore other options such as the red eye removal tool, auto-rotation, auto-fix,
or add fancy stickers and frames:
- When you are finished you can save the picture to your Picasa Web Albums again, and you can choose whether your edited picture replaces the original, or whether you save it as a new copy.
Some options are standard, but for premium options you need to register for a paid account. The paid accounts are not that expensive, so if you love editing pictures and want a handy online tool, the extra features are fun enough to register for. There are plenty of basic free features that can help your pictures look better.
How many evil red eyes have you removed yet with Picnik? I’d love to hear in the comments!