One of the pet peeves about Android that its veteran users have had since its early days is its default browser. Its lack of features have prompted Android users to switch to better alternatives like Dolphin. But that may soon be a thing of past because Google has finally introduced the Android counterpart of its popular web browser. Yes, Chrome For Android has hit the stands.
Firstly, Chrome for Android is in beta and currently works only on ICS (Android 4.0) and that means most of the Android users around the world cannot try it. Paris Lemon calls it the browser for the 1% and it’s true for now but eventually the other 99% is going to be using ICS so I think it’s a welcome move by Google.
I don’t have Android ICS so I couldn’t get my hands on this new browser but from what I’ve been reading about it on other tech blogs, I can say that it’s a killer. Techcrunch says it’s fantastic, Paris Lemon in his post that I talked about earlier mostly praised its features and Ars Technica says it’s a big step forward.
Chrome for Android certainly brings some amazing features like bookmarks and tab sync which means that you can have exactly the same open tabs on your Chrome on Android as you have it on the desktop. It all stays in sync!
Android tablets will also have Chrome now but the interface is slightly different. Read more about this new browser and its features on the official blog.
So, what do you say? Are you more likely to buy a new Android handset now considering that you could use this awesome browser on it?