If you are a fan of the piano, like hearing the sound of a great pianist play, or even just like to giggle while a house cat tries a tune, you are going to love this list!
Here are the 45 coolest, most impressive, Piano videos on YouTube that I could find. The list includes everything from piano prodigies to pets playing the piano and a lot more.
Learning to play the piano
- The basics of learning to play the piano: learn where to find the C-key, and some hand positioning basics in this video. It is part of a series, so you can learn a lot more than just that!
- How to read piano chords: learn reading some sheet music.
- Learn to read piano notes.
- Learn how to play the Blues in four minutes.
- Learning to improvise the Blues. This video shows the keys used for the improvisation.
- Tutorial on how to play romantic piano. This is a half hour lesson, which also shows a close-up of the keys used, as well as the pedal. It’s a great visual resource!
- Tutorial to learn how to play the Evanescence song “My immortal”.
- Nothing Else Matter (Metalica) piano lesson, with some very creative visual aids.
- How to play an advanced funk groove on the piano.
- Learn to play “Clocks” by Coldplay. This tutorial also has a neat visual aid, showing the names of each key.
- Want to learn some Beethoven? This tutorial helps you play Beethoven’s fifth symphony.
- Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata is hands down one of my favorite sonatas, and here is how you play it.
- Noah Gray-Cabey – Ripley’s Believe It or Not – Piano Prodigy: Noah doesn’t know how to read music, but he plays piano by ear. Truly impressive.
- Ethan Brotnick Piano Prodigy. Ethan is also just seven years old.
- Emily Bear is just six years old, and is being called the next Mozart.
- Richard Hoffmann learned to play the piano and is only 3 years old. He learned thanks to his mom developing a new teaching method matching notes to colors.
- Shuan Lee plays the piano since he was two and a half, and is now four years old.
- This six year old plays one of my favorite Mozart Sonatas!
- This five year old plays a Bach minuet.
- Green Sleeves played by a 4,5 year old girl.
- 10 year old Jordan plays Chopin, a challenging and phenomenal performance for a child.
- This girl, Umi Garrett, started playing at 4,5 and at 8 years old she was on the Ellen Degeneres show. She plays backwards and contorts herself in funny ways, but when she actually sits at the piano bench she produces absolutely wonderful music. Of all the kids in this list, Umi is one that impressed me the most.
Pets playing the piano
- Keyboard Cat: the ultimate pet-playing-the-piano-video!
- Play him off keyboard dog: someone likes the keyboard cat so much they made their own version of a keyboard dog.
- Another keyboard dog playing a birthday song.
- This keyboard cat actually uses his own paws, but the cat just looks a little confused.
- NORA: Practice Makes Purr-fect: This cat started playing the piano spontaneously, when she was one year old. She seems to enjoy it..
- Nora The Piano Cat: The Sequel: Nora the cat plays a duet. It’s nicely done!
- Horse Playing Piano: This horse uses some creative piano playing solutions, considering he isn’t using his hooves.
- Poodles playing piano: unbelievable, but cute nonetheless.
- Dog playing piano and singing: this dog seems to like to sing more than he likes to play.
- Dog playing keyboard piano: this little guy is even dressed for a show.
- This bunny isn’t the most musical, but seems to like running on the piano.
Comparing Digital Pianos
In the market for a digital piano? Although each sound recording depends on the quality of the recording devices, you can get a bit of a feel for the different digital pianos on the market by comparing them on YouTube.
- A video of the Kawai CE200
- The Kawai CA91-R
- The ultimate design piano: Yamaha slimline Clavinova
- The Yamaha P90
- The Yamaha CLP230
- The Yamaha CLP240
- The Yamaha CLP280
- The Yamaha CP33
- The Yamaha YPD-S30
- The Yamaha CVP307
- The Roland HP 207
- The Roland KR 103
Youtube is actually a great resource for comparing digital pianos before buying one, and I’m using it for that reason right now. Once I narrow down my search with YouTube videos, I’m going for a test-play in the store, but at least I’m going in informed and knowing what I’m looking for.
Which YouTube piano video is your favorite?